Advanced Diploma in Strategic Learning and Development
What will I learn?
You will gain a deeper knowledge of learning and development and how to focus on L&D in a wider business context. Your studies will show you how to create a learning culture in your organisation that accelerates people’s careers and develops your leaders and managers.
You will study four core units, three specialist units and one Busec Nova recommended optional unit. If you are on our Immersive Plan you will be able to choose your optional unit, allowing you to focus on what matters most to you.
- Work and working lives in a changing business environment.
- People management and development strategies for performance.
- Personal effectiveness, ethics and business acumen.
- Business research in people practice.
- Organisational design and development.
- Leadership and management development in context.
- Designing learning to improve performance.
- Advanced employment law in practice.
- Technology enhanced learning.
- Advanced diversity and inclusion.
- Managing people in an international context.
- Wellbeing at work.
How long will it take me to qualify?
The learning agreement for the Level 7 Advanced Diploma in Strategic Learning and Development is 24 months. All students have flexibility within their study programmes and can choose their workshop dates, depending on the month you start. You can speed your programme up to complete in 18 mths or even less; if you want to do this, choose the Immersive learning plan, which allows you to design your own timetable.
What are my study options?
On a Level 7 course, you can choose from our Professional or Immersive study plans, giving you the freedom to study in a way that suits your lifestyle and the way you like to learn.
Professional comes as close as possible to the experience of studying in college. You will be placed in a group of students and a tutor will deliver webinars in an online classroom with structured feedback and discussion. You will get a timetable showing exactly when you will be studying. Student Care is also available if you need it.
Immersive gives you a one-to-one learning experience personalised for you. Your private tutor provides coaching, guidance and support and you set the pace and agree your own timetable. It is ideal if you want to learn and qualify quickly or if you have been out of studying for some time and want to build up your confidence.